Quote

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to any readers.

Thanksgiving is here once more, and we have many things for which to be grateful.   I have had a most interesting year, and I oft forget things for which I may still be grateful.  First of all, I have to thank my God for his offer of eternal salvation for my spirit.  The sacrifice of His son on the cross paid for all of my sin and allows me to approach the throne of the almighty God.  Within the corporeal realm, I am extremely grateful for my parents, whose long-suffering and patience ensures that I will always have a home to return to when all else in this world fails.  I am grateful for the friends that I have, and new friends that I have found in the past few months.  I am thankful that I have found a lovely, (and single!) young lady in England with whom I have had the distinct pleasure of communicating with over the past few weeks.  I am sincerely hoping that our friendship will continue to develop and flower into something lasting.

Here is to the future, may it be brighter and more joyful than the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment